Saturday, October 19, 2013

How Printed Materials and Advertising Engages Readers

Although online marketing is a growing resource for product and service promotion, print advertising still creates a significant impact on those who pick up your advertisement. Both online and print advertising can be designed to target a certain group for maximum effect. However, print advertising is tactile. The reader can hold on to it, or pass it off to a friend. Online advertisements are gone as soon as the reader clicks away from the page.

The Brain
A recent study shows that print outperforms television by 38%. It can be speculated that this has something to do with how the brain processes memory. In order to read effectively, the reader must engage at a higher level. In fact, when you read your brain only spends about 5% of its time fixating on the print, gathering about four units of meaning from the page per second. It spends the rest of the  95% of the time reflecting upon the information received.

The Design
The above information is a key element in advertising design. Successful advertisements are easy to scan. This means readers can get the overall meaning of an advertisement in a few seconds, with the enticement to read on further for details. Print advertising doesn't have to be flashy, especially if it is representing a more conservative entity. However, the advertisement still needs to be clear and concise to be effective. Attention should be drawn to the main idea of the campaign without muddling the reader's mind with unnecessary details.  

Think about an advertisement in print you saw recently. It could be in the form of a magazine, flyer or brochure. Why do you remember this advertisement? What words stood out to you the most?

The Action Plan

Print advertising leaves an impression on readers when it is designed well. Advertisements that appeal to the fast and selective nature of reading have a higher chance of connecting with a target market. Use your market research to design a memorable print ad for your customers.

Gary Graves is the Principal of the helps small business owners and company purchasers to maximize their dollars being spent by ordering online and still get a high-quality product.  Once an order is placed you can track the order from uploading to proofing, to printing and cutting and finally delivery to your front door. offer all business products such as business cards, letterhead, brochures, flyer, postcards as well as direct mail services and digital printing for small quantities.


  1. Great detailed information, I ll be visiting you more frequently, here is very interesting information.

    Direct Mail Postcards Marketing & Direct Mail Letter

  2. They maintain their shape and all types of color schemes look good on paper. If one decides to order paper based cards, one will do good to check the quality of paper that would be used. Get More Info

  3. There are printers who specialize in color management, photo or art reproductions, graphic printing and label printing among so many others. So, if you are also one of them look to grab the benefits of online printing services, then don't forget to consult with BEE Printing. Cheap canvas prints online australia

  4. Whatever be the message the client wants to put up to the customers, the printing industry takes care to handle it in the exact way they want it. Wall graffiti, posters, brochures and posters are produced with excellent designs and features. parkplaceprinting

  5. When you are considering pamphlet printing, it is however similarly essential to put resources into a supplier that comprehends your requirements and furnishes you with able arrangement.

  6. Present day commercial center keeps on developing so you will need to guarantee that your speculation gives you more successful returns.affordable flyers printing

  7. published products are gradually turning into extra underestimated because the years cross by, as social media and virtualmarketing becomes so much greater famous for enterprise, there’s a potential for a large possibility. Take clients and possibilities by way of wonder with a few possibly, modern or personalized print work. whether it’s excessive quitcommercial enterprise cards for networking to expose which you don’t compromise in terms of quality, or stylish smoothtouch laminated wallets on your corporation brochures; it’s really worth summing up the pro’s and con’s of going that extramile when representing your enterprise! post card printing